Four Weeks!

In the end-of-semester rush, things are falling into place quite nicely!  I have lots to do, but lots to look forward to as well!  Coming up academically, I volunteered to be a speaker in a fishbowl discussion for my Montserrat class called “Hip-Hop: The Final Word”.  As a speaker, I need to prepare a five minute speech that presents a controversial issue in hip-hop music and poses questions that will provoke a discussion with my classmates on the outside of the fishbowl.  I haven’t decided what to speak about yet, but I definitely want to choose a topic involving women, as they seem to be at the forefront of much of the controversy and criticism surrounding hip-hop music and culture.  Finals week is approaching quickly as well, so there’s plenty to keep me busy!

Today I had my interview for admission to the Purple Key Society, which is the organization on campus that runs events such as Accepted Students Day, Blood Drives, Purple Pride Day, and the Co-Curricular Extravaganza.  I’m really excited about the possibility of joining, because I think it will be a great chance for me to interact with more students on campus and potential students as well!  I’ll be working at Accepted Students Day this Sunday so be sure to come if you’ve been accepted!

In other news, I took the shuttle that HC runs every other weekend to the Natick Mall on Sunday with my friend Julia to meet my mom for lunch and shopping.  It was great to see my mom – we had a nice lunch at P.F. Chang’s and enjoyed shopping afterwards.  I was also excited for my mom to meet Julia because we’re rooming together next year!  Julia got a job as an RA on the fourth floor of Hanselman Hall, so we get a big room with our own bathroom and a great view of campus!

One of the perks of attending a Jesuit school is the break we get for the Easter holiday;  I’ll be home from next Wednesday until Monday for Easter, and I can’t wait to see all my family!  Oddly enough, I’m only back at school for  two and half weeks after Easter, then it’s time to head home for the summer… It’s very bittersweet.  On the last day of classes, we have our spring concert which is J.Cole and Far East Movement this year.  Its a nice way to celebrate the end of classes and unwind before study period begins!

Check back in the next few weeks to hear how the end of my freshman year is turning out!  Have a great week!