Spring on the Hill

Spring is officially here and there is plenty to do on the Hill!  Thursday was St. Patrick’s day and the Holy Cross campus was a sea of green – in Kimball especially – and Dropkick Murphys songs played from windows in every dorm on campus.  With the best weather we’ve had since before winter break, I think it’s safe to say that fun was had by all!

I’ve been waist-deep in work lately with three exams coming up next week, but with the right time-management skills (something that’s very important in college given all of the unscheduled time) I’ll be able to fit in all my studying along while still making time to relax and enjoy time with my friends.  We’ve already planned end-of-the-week activities like a trip to Panera at Blackstone Valley to motivate us to get work done!

As the weather warms up and schedules become hectic, I think that people are beginning to realize how little time we have left in the semester.  It’s strange to think about for so many reasons, the first of which is that it doesn’t seem like I’ve already been here for a semester and a half!  When summer break comes around, it’ll definitely be a change of pace to go from studying Orgo every night to teaching swimming lessons at a camp!  It’s also going to be weird not seeing my friends every day; we managed to survive winter break, but three whole months?  Thankfully there’s always Facebook (which I gave up for Lent) and Skype.  But with friends all around the country from Ohio to California to Florida, a summer vacation visit may be in order as well.

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about what I’d like to do when I graduate.  I know I still have six and a half semesters, but judging by how quickly this year is going, it’s not a bad idea to start planning.  Quite honestly, though, I still have no idea.  I don’t know if I’d like to be a doctor, and English teacher, a writer, or something completely different.  I do know, however, that I should keep my options open.  My major and concentration are an odd combination, but they leave me feeling successful as the former satisfies my creative needs and the latter challenges me in new ways.

Quite an unorganized rant today, but thank you for bearing with me!  As April 1st approaches, I wish all you high school seniors the best of luck with your college news!  Keep in mind my mantra from last year as I experienced early acceptances, regular acceptances, rejection, and wait-lists: things work out the way they are supposed to.  It definitely doesn’t feel like it sometimes, but with patience and hard work, you’ll get where you want to be no matter where you start.

On that note, Happy Tuesday!