Summertime!

It’s been a while since I’ve written, but I’m back into the swing of things at home!   I spent a lot of my time when I got out of school looking for a used car for my sister and I to drive to work –  a difficult task but certainly not harder than any of my schoolwork!  We got a great deal on a Volvo, so there is happiness and harmony in my house now that my sister and I can drive.  It’s been really weird being away from school, but I’m keeping in touch with my friends and have been on a few outings with them already.  I’m planning a weekend trip to Western Mass to visit my roommate Julia with our friend Lauren.  It’ll be great to reconnect and do some shopping for our room next year, we’re on the hunt for an oriental rug to make our living room cozy.

This week I started the annual training week for my job as a lifeguard at a day camp.  I was surprised how easy it was to pick up right  where I left off last summer – it feels like I never left!  The first day of training I wore my green shamrock Holy Cross t-shirt.  I’m the only one at work who goes to HC but plenty of people asked me if I knew their friends, most of whom I did.  I know I’ve said this before, but it always amazes me how so many people are connected to Holy Cross even though it’s such a small school.

So, for the next eight weeks, my life will largely consist of teaching swimming lessons, lifeguarding, and enjoying the company of my friends at camp.  I’ll have to bring my whistle and swimsuit to school, too, because I got a job lifeguarding at the Hart Center this fall!  Overall, life is good.  I’m looking forward to the rest of the summer, and to being back at HC.  Summertime and the living is easy.